Dear "Blog"~ you understand me..even when others do not, thank you.
Strange title for a "winter's post" and it's not hot tonight but it's not cold either..today's high was 74 what I like to call flip-flop weather. Before deciding to post I thought about taking the time to upload some newer pictures off the digital from this past week.
Pix of :
- A birthday party for Jesus where Sissy was dressed up as a cute Angel.
- Trooper and Sissy glittering up their Christmas cards for the local Senior Center Christmas gift bags.
- Our homeschool friends who all got together on Thursday to stuff bags of fruit;candy and those personal cards for the Senior Center in town. Where I managed a few unhappy looking kids who didn't want to drink hot coco or eat their weight in cookies as a treat..because I made them late..guess they really wanted to stuff those bags. (my tardiness is a constant companion)
- Then there's last nights Christmas cookies that the kids rolled out and shaped for gift bags to Bunter's Christmas party at his school.
- In the same night I have pix of mom and I in the kitchen making double batches of cream cheese truffles and Mexican pinwheels (that called for two onions and we only used one that nearly ran us all out of the house) I was gonna take them to the church's potluck on Saturday but they are not having it this weekend..thus leaving me with a freezer bag full of the stuff.. but mom took hers to her Christmas party tonight and said they were a hit. I don't know I really prefer the truffles and it's just as well because there will be no need for them at a potluck.
OK fine..here's one pix mom just sent me because I know you like pictures.
Nice, right?
But tonight I just don't feel like messing with all the other pix as well as wrapping words around it all.
Instead..I'd rather just chill out.
Besides "Blog" you know how happy it makes me to just sit here and have you listen to me.
Seriously it's as if your hanging on to my every word, making me feel that there is nothing you would rather be doing right now.
Never have you made me feel guilty when I draw a blank and just insert pictures where words should be..instead you invite me to take a look at other blogs and investigate what they are sharing.
Your sweet embrace keeps me from the reality of the trails of clothes clean and dirty plus food that was supposed to stay in the dining area in which I will eventually sit; step or slip on due to three rug rats who reside here also. You have so many times been my sounding board and heard my ranting over what it must be like to have a clean tidy house that stays nice and neat for longer then 5 mins!
Oh...
my..
.. sorry
I just feel so laid back with you and you don't ever blame me for getting even a teensy bit upset because the laundry and dishes have piled up while we were visiting.
I know other blogs like you understand because their owners have all posted on the same things at one time or another.
I also know you are always waiting quietly with your cute little blinking cursor for me to share what is going on here daily with open arms and ever so gently show me my spelling errors and run on sentences..and lastly while drafting you are always encouraging me to see the positive side of said problems.
You dear "blog" are what chills me out..gives me time for clarity..sending me almost always to the Word for nourishment and strength to understand in hashing out my feelings..and only then... if I feel the need to share these thoughts I'll press your publish button and you will do my bidding.
But when and if I don't choose for you to publish my thoughts you just store them away in the drafts folder for me to use at my own liking.
But until then you are cooling me off and aiding me in dealing with the daily dilemma's.
Thank you.. I love you "blog" and I love what you do for me! ;0)
Nighty night..
5 comments:
Smack ! You beat me to the night in the kitchen thing I was gonna blog about today.. you forgot to tell them about the burnt coconut ! All in all it was fun and turned out well ! Mom
PS.. you can put two cooks in a kithcen... sometimes
I agree, sometimes when I can't say it anywhere else I can say it on the blog! What a blessing! Glad you had such a time cooking with your mom, that is a blessing as well! Enjoy the weekend!
DEEEEE-lightful! I read every stinkin word and I wasn't waiting for you to say anything except for what you wanted to. You are right - something about blogging offers a distinct "Ahhhhhh" in the middle of the chaos of life. And the fact that you 'chilled' with me blesses my heart!
I think that the best blogs are the ones like yours - where they're about people being real and their real feelings. Not pretenses and the like that we typically put on for other people.
74?? I would be cooling off in the pool if it were 74 here!
Post a Comment