"Does anyone else have this problem?"
Everyday it's up before everyone else..dress/feed and make lunches for the guys..then get the oldest to school on time!
Afterwards back home to do what every housewife finds herself doing..chores or just wishing she had the energy to do something spontaneous like put on makeup and fix her hair and maybe even organizing the pantry all gussied up.
All while entertaining two toddlers whom seem to think when momma's not looking it's OK to move your bedroom outside...this is no lie.
Chastise the movers as I feed them and then clean-up their crumbs, afterwards train them to move things back in where they belong and then pick up house, again.
Nap time ~unless I have errands in town with said movers..because I would never have a place I could go by myself!
Go fetch the oldest, carpool to whatever is going on that day. Get home to work some more on ..homework.. homework.. homework and then make a nutritious frugal dinner read bland or yuck eating..clean up dinner..bathe all the residents who want to sleep inside and not outside with the animals and then try to kick dh out of my chair for some time on the puter till it's time to go to bed.
This is my life right now..and I should be content with it as it's really not that bad...but instead I sit here at only 7:30pm and I'm in a less than "Thankful" state of mind.
The dh picked up on this tonight and suggested I go to bed earlier, after I've posted this of course but at first I didn't even feel like sharing this..not so golden moments of my not so exciting life.
So my questions are these:
When you feel trapped in patterns like these how do you snap out of it?
What helps you the most to get out of ruts like these?
Until next time.. I'll pray the serenity prayer and then Thank God for the home I have to tend to, those children He blessed with good enough health to yell at w/love of course!
And give thanks that tomorrow is a gift and ask that HE teach me how to unwrap it with a Thankful heart..
You know I feel so much better now that we've "talked" ~thanks ;)
Goodnight
6 comments:
Do you have an email addy through which I can contact you?
I chat with a friend or take a walk. I hope you know you are in my prayers!!!
Heather S.
Sometimes just venting helps, like you did here.
A year ago, a very dear friend of mine lost her battle with cancer. She left behind 4 kids. Four. This year he daughter turned 18 and was the homecoming queen. Evie didn't get to see that. There's so much she didnt' get to see.
So, when I get overwhelmed and stuck in a rut, I try and remember - Evie would have given ANYTHING to be in the rut I'm stuck in.
I'm embarassed to say it only helps sometimes because, as I've mentioned, I'm an ungrateful twit from time to time. LOL
((hugs))
Oh Dawn, I have been there so many times, I'm too embarrassed to say. I think Heidi had a great idea and I'm going to use that.
I know that some people would say have someone watch the kids and get away for awhile. Well, for me and maybe you, that financially just doesn't work. There are times I just long to go somewhere by myself and regenerate!
I'll be praying for you, my friend.
When I find myself going in circles, it's usually cuz I'm getting too wrapped up in my own little world, focusing on 'me' TOO much.
Thinking of how I can do something for someone else always helps to get me out of my rut. Gets me beyond my self and see others' needs.
Maybe someone at church needs something. Or a friend. A meal I can take to them? Maybe have them over for brunch? A homemade gift? A phone call?
Easier said than done, I know. But worth it.
It All Started With a Kiss @ www.tamragirl.com
I am right there with you right now. The only difference is as I sit at work, I am thinking of ALL the stuff I need to be doing. Then when I finally get home at around 7:30 or 8:00 it seems like everynight, I am just to exhausted to do them. Yep I am in a pattern rut with you.
Post a Comment