Tuesday

what needs tackling today while laughing last

 TTBigButton

I'm tackling this today :

  • take tots to the Fire station on homeschool field trip.
  • park play date.
  • drop those medical financial aide forms off  that I posted about here.
  • pick up a few staples & must haves like butter of course (so limited without the stuff really!)
  • meet friends and carpool to for a very loud; dusty and I'm sure cheezy Circus act out of town.  (No this is not a distraction tactic for the oldest to not think about his pending  surgery the very next morning..although it's pretty clever timing, right?)
  • Lastly share with you an important FYI:

Because I enjoy being in the kitchen I encourage our  kids to help also, so long as it's not during  "rush hour traffic" dinnertime.

It seems since doing this a desire to "mix it up" has blossomed in Sissy, especially while I'm not looking.

Eventually I'll find evidence of flour and sometimes H2O trailing out from inside the food pantry. This pantry is a good size having a stepping stool for the higher shelves mom can't reach and seems for her as well.

The last trail I found led to a new jar of Cajun blackening spice  newly opened and tampered with, thinking to myself  "I bet she didn't like this stuff (giggle snort giggle)... surely it taught her a lesson this time".  She was asleep already and I forgot about it afterwards.

 

Don't you just love hot oatmeal on a chilly morning?  I so do!

And this morning was chilly...in the 50's chilly this is great for the start of soups and hot cereals!

Did I mention I made a wonderful pot of 15 bean soup..yummo!

I also made a batch of  oatmeal and low and behold the phone rings as it always does

before it's my turn to eat.

So I shamelessly inhale half or maybe a little more than that of my warm bowl of sweetness...seriously who likes to eat cold oats?

As I'm on the phone I notice the warmth stayed with me for a little longer and suddenly I got clammy (thinking)  "this is strange?" as I hung up to and got a glass of water.

Water drank...I finished my bowl of oats which I noticed while chewing (not inhaling) seemed have a new taste familiar to that of sweet and spicy Cajun rice...no way!

Yes way! As more heat sensations came on I decided to investigate the oats container...it looks ok but when all else fails use the smeller which picked up the previously tampered scent of a certain Cajun blackening seasoning spice.

And I thought she'd learn a lesson...nope it seems she is has moved up from flour and water to oatmeal and spices.

Lessons learned

  1. they aren't as innocent as they look (spices or 3yr olds)
  2. that I should TACKLE  moving the spices up higher
  3. so that I'm the only one "mixing" around here.

Have great day...tackling and remember  "he who laughs first, (will often) laugh last."

Be Blessed!

13 comments:

Frugal Finds said...

I love the picture of the kids with the yucky teeth! I want some of those for Trick or Treat night!!

Happy Mommy said...

oooh spicy oatmeal that must have been interesting!
Hd is from Texas he might just like that...
We had breakfast bars today, it's raining and that makes me less than on my game. I hate the rain!

Susie said...

What a great tackle!! Fields trips and everything!!

Being the resident baker, I would padlock the pantry:-) It's kind of like Mommy's closet. You just don't play in there:-) Hee, hee, hee.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! That made me laugh! It sounds like something that would happen at our house!

Valarie Lea said...

Bwahahahahhah! Oh that is so good!!!! So how is cajun oatmeal?

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

VERY funny! Get on that now, woman! (As if you weren't busy enough!)

Anonymous said...

I think she's on to something there. Cajun oatmeal ... sure to add heat to your day!

Anonymous said...

Funny post--thanks for the giggles. And 50-degrees!? WOW, that is awesome. We were at 82 degrees at 9am, ugh.

MikeandCharlsie said...

Hey there since you said you had found my blog I thought I would look for yours. Ok you had me lol! What a great post can't wait to read some more.

Kristi said...

Oh, that is too funny! It was actually cool this morning here too. I'm ready for soup season too.

Muthering Heights said...

Hmmm, spicy oatmeal could be tasty!

Peggy said...

That was hilarious! A little something I have to look forward to in a year or 2:)

Dawn said...

Your oatmeal tale made me laugh outloud!!!

Blessings!