It seems ...here's what I've noticed as of late.
Making a trip to town counts,once.
I'm also not throwing out leftovers so easily these days, instead I find myself trying to figure out how I could reuse or implement ingredients elsewhere.
Never caring about "Wall Street" comments ...but the yahoo web page caught my eye today. Two major companies fold :0/
Gas prices will flex and I know.
Making the paycheck stretch week to week and planning purchases instead of just getting it also seems to be a new habit developed.
While paperwork is my least favorite thing to do I know I need to get it done as well as a few tackles around here finished.
And why (all the sudden) is dinner on my mind first thing in the morning?! Weird to be cooking dinner in my mind this early...something I don't usually concern myself with till after lunch...incase your curious about the menu "tonight 15 bean soup w/ corn cakes" (wonder what the poor people are eating ;0)
I even have a desire to use time more wisely. (blogging on 22 min better wrap this up in 7;)
Guess those prayers for a more frugal heart are being answered along side the ageing process(30 something again next month!), it seems whatever is going on with me I also noticed that signs of times can cause one to make a few changes more willingly as well.
Even so I'm reminded with the Scripture above (you take notice?) His Love for us is one we can rely on and since this is true there's not much need for anything else then. Hey I'll be the first to admit I don't fully grasp this however even John 3:16 tells us about a His true love...what a deep love!
I'm starting to understand that in living more frugally is not our hand being forced (as I used to believe) instead it's the desire to do so because you aren't looking elsewhere for "instant gratification" instead you are only looking to Christ.
Have a prosperously frugal full day bloggete's and know this we can RELY on His love for us in all things!
5 comments:
Love your definition of living frugally - that its not looking elsewhere for instant gratification.
Its a desire, redirected!
Great post!
Great post! We're working on something similar around here. :)
I used to be way more frugal before Madi came along! So much easier to eat take out and I find my self buying her a few too many outfits. I have been wanting to cut back on the spending as well. I would love to get coupons, but I usually end up buying off brand foods and saving money that way.
Thanks for sharing.
It's getting scary, isn't it!?
It costs us over 300 dollars a month for my husband to drive to work thats not even counting me driving anywhere... So being frugal is not a choice.
Food is the only place I can cut back so we eat cheap alot!
Post a Comment