Thursday

she does everything big ;D

 

In honor of the "Sincerely Fro me to you carnival" & our pending Anniversary month I thought I'd share some more "bigness".

Already! 13 yrs ago this month, I was given three bridal showers...here's one of them ;)

PICT0072

Awhh~here's my tiny self  maxed out in a can aqua net (that no Hurricane would have moved, I kid not) excited to tears over a beautifully handmade in my wedding colors BIG quilt from my MIL. (sniff sniff ...I understand this is down to the finger bone tiring.)

My MIL is the very same "big haired" lady pinning a corsage on me and if that wasn't enough she also offered to do the "big day~ big hair" updo ;) go ahead and click it.

PICT0063

She's pretty creative, right?

Ahem..and your welcome for the belly laugh.

Because I'm really OK with it now finally, sure it was  extremely BIG for this small town country girls wedding...but I've accepted she just had a big ol' Texas heart and wanted our marriage to have the Biggest and best of everything!

God Bless her BIG hearted ways :0)

                                   

     "Fro more click the pix"   frolink1

16 comments:

Unknown said...

oh the hair is forever funny. I'm so thankful I've always been a granola girl. I never have to look back and smack my head over the trends. We didn't get a chance to listen to that sermon yet. It's on our agenda, maybe we should listen to it separately and then discuss it... it would get done faster. I have no idea why it is not allowed in Canada, that seems wierd as we have freedom of speech and all... don't we?? Hmmm. Do you know if it is available on mp3 format? Then P-Guy could listen to it when he is on the road for work.

littletoesandcheerios said...

You know how I love the big hair!

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

Cute post!!

Marcy Massura said...

Only a truly wise woman realizes when it is time to move on from a bad hair phase. Glad to see you figured that out!

This is the perfect SIncerely post...embarassing AND charming!

Muthering Heights said...

Oh my...that big hair does NOT disappoint!

D... said...

I adore big hair and that certainly is some big hair! Lovely!

Crayl said...

I clicked, I was slightly shocked, and yes, i laughed. That is some AMAZINGLY HUGE HAIR. I am astounded by that woman's skills! Beautiful quilt too.

j said...

You really did have some big hair on your big day!! MIL is sporting some nice hair too! Love it!

Your new layout looks great. Everyone is updating!!! Makes me want to update too!

Beach said...

You look so happy and pretty....love the hair!!!
Hope you are having a "BIG" day,
Heather S.

The Source said...

Yes ma'am, that's some big ole' hair! Your MIL must love you a lot! Thanks for sharing.

Valarie Lea said...

Ya know I have heard that the higher the hair the closer you are to God. So it was only appropriate that your hair be that big on your wedding day.

Boy ya'll had some big hair ;)

Jerralea said...

Well ... ok that is some big hair. But I think your mother-in-law's 'do is cute. Boy she must be talented if she can do hair and quilt, too!

Wanda said...

Girl.....big hair is a southern girls way of life!

In Alabama.....they pop those bangs up and GO!

Those are precious memories....love it!

Your blog is so stinkin cute!

marky said...

What a welcome into the family! A mother in law willing to help you get some big hair! Love this post!

Tammy said...

You know what they say?! Big hair, ummm, big heart. Yea.

Oh I had forgotten your big hair wedding photos. They made me chuckle....again.

Jennifer said...

Those are seriously some cute photos. And I love your wedding day hair!!