
Kristen (who started this fun) here we go again...literally down memory lane.
"Our house of faith" started 9 years ago (sorry pix retaken)
My dh and I started clearing and setting up the post for a foundation that would not take place for another 8yrs.
Why, you ask? Because when NOTHING happened during Y2K, we lost focus and thought "Hey let's go have a house built and live in debt for awhile!" ;)
I was thinking about how often we pace our lives to what's going on around us...here's another "old shot" retaken.
Three generations ...at the start of our families home & growth! FIL; DH and first born son (8yrs ago). Standing right where our master bedroom is now.
God has lead us through the highs & lows of this project and I'm finally able to say
"it's all GOOD."
This is not the most recent picture(2 yrs)...I'm still "looking" for the ones that got away in my crashed laptop :0/ Trying to stay in order you know...I'm a stickler.
So when someone says...we are building a house, ((hug)) them and don't tell them they can't build a house in 2yrs...it's not true. They can if they have lots of $$$.
It's taken us almost ten years to get were we are,now you know not to ask for a loan...LOL!
13 comments:
That that's commitment!
We are going to be building our own home too.
You are a good woman! I love the pics! It's one thing to have a dream, it's another thing to make the dream happen!
Yeah, house building....you sound so upbeat...and your husband is still alive, that is AMAZING!
And you're still married?! Wow, THAT is the real accomplishment even beyond the house itself!
We've moved 10 times in 15 years. Military life. I can feel your pain. :D
For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.
Wow. And I think *I've* been through a lot renovating our old house!
Wow! Been married 12 years this June and have lived in two homes that we did not build. However, we have many friends who took the building plunge. Maybe one day for us!
Boy do I identify with this post. My parents built our house growing up...right around us. I can still remember fighting over who got to vacuum first when we finally got carpet. No matter the tough times...it makes for incredibly wonderful memories huh?! And grateful hearts.
So, swimsuits...ahh UGG. I had to laugh thinking that you were HOSTING the swim party...no worries, you won't have time to get in the pool. I'm with you on the subject though!
Thanks for the comment!
It sure looks like it's worth the wait for it though!
Oh honey, I feel your pain. We have remodeled our house twice now and went through an unexpected ktichen redo. To top all that off, my husband builds houses on the side. If you can still be together after going through building a house for that long, it is meant to be. :)
We built our first house.
The fun, the stress...
I'll never forget the fight we had in the aisle of Home Depot. About doorknobs!
Good times...
I love looking back at the "where we came from" kind of pictures, it shows us "the we are here" moment that we are living is such a good place to be! Hugs, Heather S.
Post a Comment