Monday

"broken ga$ cap"

Well there's a catchy blog title, right?
Yep, all you have to do now a days is say the word "ga$" and everyones ears perk up...
This is not a news flash about gas prices going down or even up.
Instead it's about the desperate times we are about to see more steadily with the increase in cost of everything and about how you can live out of town in the hills or valley and still have a trespasser come onto your property and steal the gas right out of your tank.
Yep~ we have an old truck that is w/out an alarm, that is only used when my dh has need to drive it instead of the Buell which is conveniently helping us out of the "gas" price hike.
So my husband went to take the trash up the hill to the burn thingy my dad has set up..and noticed he doesn't have any gas and that the gas flap was open and the gas cap was broken.
He was a little hot under the collar about this and I couldn't help but agree. It made me sick to think we were being violated right on our own property!
Did we report it? Nope.
Did we fix it? Not yet, dh had a flight out this AM to FL for a few days.
What to do in this situation, right?
After much thought on this, I have heard this scripture ringing in my ears:
"But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."
So what I think I'm going to do is fill up a gas can full and set it up on the truck where it is visible..attach this Scripture to it and add this to it,
"What's mine is HIS and you may have it says JESUS"
P.S. Please return the can so that I may fill it up again for you..."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow. What a great attitude! I'm sure that would heap coals of fire on the culprit's head!!! Good for you girlfriend.

Beach said...

I think your way of dealing with this is AWESOME!!!!! Heather S.

Unknown said...

This was my dd's dication passage in Language Arts today... had to come back and share it with you!

"I thank Thee first because I was never robbed before; second, because, although they took my purse, they did not take my life; third, because although they took my all, it was not much; and fourth, because it was I who was robbed, and not I who robbed."

Matthew Henry.

Thought you might enjoy that today.

Jessica said...

That is an awesome way to think of it and thing to do. You will definitely cause them to think about their actions. They will probably take it no problem but they will dwell on it more.