Sunday

I'm not homesick but "husband-sick"


Since Saturday morning (..or was it Friday evening,) I've been in an emotional state of mind and I was thinking it was because of "that time of month" however, I'm starting to see a regular occurrence and I've got to say..it's disconcerting :0/

Sleeping soundly while he's gone is not happening..
I can't think of what I'm going to make for supper even for the kids,
which should be a nice thing, right?
I've heard others say "I get to cook and eat what I want when he's gone..yeah!"
Well..that's nice but I already do that when he's here.

I'm in no mood to spend money, don't tell me I need to go shopping been there tried that.

I've got all the laundry done and I keep looking for more and you don't need to call 911,
I haven't hit my head.

Here's the topper, as I sat down tonight to watch a "chick flick" which I only rented because I had not seen it not because he wouldn't watch it with me, he would've.
I went to our closet got his jacket to cover up with instead of the couch throw?!!@
I'm husband-sick..this is the first for me in 16 yrs!

Many times he has gone on business trips for weeks at a time and I've never
reacted this way, the only difference is I can't talk on a nightly/daily basis with him. So I'm really in the dark about how they are.

Seems crazy to have all these emotions, since my ds and him have only been gone a few nights! And just so you know..my ds has been away many times to camp; w/grandparents to the coast or w/friends at the lake and I don't start missing him badly for about a week
(if this sounds heartless-sorry :0/ it's nice to have things a little quieter around here).

In reflection of all you have just read,

I have been in prayer constantly about my dh, some of the things I've talked with my DHF about are general, like safety;blessings;good fellowship and some significant ones like "life changing experience" and the other thing I just thought of is the request of "re-inspired" love for him, like how cool would this be to "heat things up again", I can't see the harm in asking besides look at the book of Love (Solomon~in the BIBLE and be prepared to blush..)




Song of Solomon 2:16

"My lover is mine, and I am his. He browses among the lilies.

17 Before the dawn breezes blow and the night shadows flee,

return to me, my love, like a gazelle or a young stag on the rugged mountains.





You think this has anything to do with my emotions? Duh..!

Oohh yes..these are emotions and feelings of answered prayers, this scripture is proof of my feelings for my lover and if I made you blush..to bad, our DHF designed this and created it. I Thank you Lord!


(picture me w/my chin in my palm counting the days and you'll see how I'm reviewing this post..and now I must be patient and wait for his return...umph.)


Lovesick~ Dawn ;0}

2 comments:

Grateful for Grace said...

Sweet friend! I feel your pain. I do NOT sleep while My Sweetie is away. I used to. Not anymore.

I think it's incredibly sweet that you are this husband-sick!

praying for you!

(Have you tried Culver's?? Ü)

love,
GfG

Sara said...

I don't sleep doubly with DH is gone - more than I don't sleep already! Just not the same without him and most nights I'm even willing to grab a kid to warm his side of the bed, kickers that they may be.

Prayers continue for their safety. You need a babysitter for when he gets back, you hot mamma, you... ;0)