Friday

TGIF!

So I'm up before the sun, hoping to complete the preparation for the 7th day of rest!
However-didn't want to start the day with out first sharing with you what's new on my walk with the Lord :0)

Yesterday was truly a Homeschooling day! It was as exploratory and spiritually filled as one could have hoped for, after taking dad lunch-per his request(thinking the overtime has him missing us), we met up with some homeschool friends and went looking for "dino tracks"!

All the kids where so excited that it was rather disappointing to hear that those tracks are all on "private" property. (Another day.. mom's still working this.)

So we kept on driving south west of the county line and ended up at a State Natural Park called Lost Maples. Wow, this reminded me of CO. and parts of CA. it's beautiful out this area I'm surprised I had never ventured out this way!

The park itself is nestled in mountains (we call hills) and there's maple trees everywhere (this why the name;0) along with streams and alcove's of river running thru. Trails to be hiked and lots of tranquility. The bigger boys found rocks that had crystals and lots of "dino" and shell fossils and kept exploring for all sorts of things by the water as well.
While the younger ones threw rocks in the stream and "accidentally" got their shoes wet, along with the bottoms of pants. It was totally refreshing and needed. Pix to be posted soon!


After this spontaneous adventure we where headed back on the road and had an opportunity to share my testimony with my new found friend.

Have you ever been "re convicted" as you've shared your story of Christ love?

It's powerful to think of what valley's He has gotten us through and how far we have come, I'm overjoyed to think that I've seen His hand protecting and providing for those times in which I thought where the worse of trials. From death; an miscarriage to bankruptcy to having a new born almost on life support.

To share how merciful He had been through those times, can really turn the ol'spark into a flame or furnace again! This being why you should share your walk with others often, use it-or lose it they say.
In closing today my thoughts drift to Psalms 23 and a prayer that you will testify of God's love with other's today. Praising Him for all things, and especially for Jesus's Love!




Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;your rod and your staff,they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,

and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

-Amen

2 comments:

Beach said...

Ohhhhh I love Lost Maples I wish I could have gone with yall.....sounds like a great educational/fun adventure was had by all.

Anonymous said...

What a precious story. Thank you for sharing and prompting some conviction in my heart today. I love to rad what you write. ((Hugs))