Last night I watched "The Nativity" which I had seen in theatres when it first came out.
Then I had been moved by the simplicity and humbleness of how God's own son was born into the world.
The second time around watching this I thought.."to be as young as Mary was, away from her mother.
The second time around watching this I thought.."to be as young as Mary was, away from her mother.
I also reflected on all the "had to haves" for each of my children's birth.
(whom would attend; which Doctor; birthing plans; pain medications..ect.)
While it was true faith to walk in her shoes and allow the Lord the use of her body.
Let's add to the fact that the man she's not even "married" to delivered a baby that they didn't
(whom would attend; which Doctor; birthing plans; pain medications..ect.)
While it was true faith to walk in her shoes and allow the Lord the use of her body.
Let's add to the fact that the man she's not even "married" to delivered a baby that they didn't
even conceive together, Joseph's heart was also admirable! I have to say..even the wise men's
attitudes would have been about right..surprising as it is Hollywood painted a pretty good picture
of what it may have been like.However only heaven will be able to show us the real thing,
I can't wait to see this!
Unfortunately I've walked away from "realizations" like these, going on about business.
I'd like to always feel awe inspired like this, I'm tempted to start a "goals list"
post them to this blog, so I'm reminded each time I see them what I should be working towards.
Unfortunately I've walked away from "realizations" like these, going on about business.
I'd like to always feel awe inspired like this, I'm tempted to start a "goals list"
post them to this blog, so I'm reminded each time I see them what I should be working towards.
(light bulb!) I might just do this.
Christmas celebrations has ended here for us, but I'm hoping the spirit of it will not.
Christmas celebrations has ended here for us, but I'm hoping the spirit of it will not.
1 comment:
That is what I wanted to come away from this holiday being able to do.....keep the spirit of the season all year long. I hope you can too!!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!! Heather S.
Post a Comment