Wednesday
Meek and Quiet Spirit..
Recently a study guide was given to me in a big box of books for the kids, let's just say it was not by accident ;0). You see this topic is my struggle daily and since entering into "mothering" I've had to pray allot about becoming meek and quiet spirited. Hence the study guide. Being a homeschool teacher it could also benefit my students for me to get in touch with the softer side, where ever it may be :0/
So, I dive into the first question.
"Look up Psalms 62:5. What does this verse say to you?"
Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. Psalm 62:5 (New Living Translation)
Sounds easy I can do this, not a problem.....right?
Problem...yours truly has a "semi-melt down" only nine hours later, over the fact that the check book did not look promising for the next two weeks and that every year at this time it's a struggle having enough money to buy gifts and pay the bills. Plus just as soon as this months over we need enough for a much needed ski vacation. (I mean it's been two babies and 4 yrs since we have had any family vaca!) (Sniff..sniff..)Why do we have to always struggle through this time..why can't we just enjoy without worry between paychecks. Why..why..why and on and on she went.
Out the window went the Psalms, and in it's place came my selfish nature. :0/
As much as I was upset, I wasn't angered at God or even resentful of what He wasn't doing. Where as before, "OK - Lord your not handing down blessings today, I'll find my own..c/c' s here I come!"
Hours later.. (at the end of my temper tantrum)
"fine if this is the way it is... I surrender."
BINGO!
Whish!!-traded places with Psalms 62:5 (again), and the peace that surpasses all understanding replaced my doubts.
You know, as a parent we reward our children for good behavior after they've done accordingly.
So why then would I expect God to do any differently with me?
If you've ever tried to reason with a child whose not quiet you know it doesn't work.
A good switch may do the trick..but usually it's not until they get quiet and realize "hey you do love me, and I will trust you." ;0) (point taken)
I praise Him for being so tolerable! Caring enough to teach me lovingly, even when I'm hard headed. ( Sniff..sniff) Thank you Father for your valuable words, which are life giving.
Well, I "skinned my knee" and He's restored me (again), now only another nine chapters to go, Dawn ;0)
P.S. Jesus loves U, 2 !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am praying for you dear and feel refreshed cause now I know I am not alone I am feeling the same way right now about struggles and the season!!! By the way you challenged me to start my own prayer blog come take a look.... http://beach-mydailywalk.blogspot.com/
Hey I messed up on the other blog and had a glitch so use this link.....http://mydailywalk-beach.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment