Friday

“Come to me,

all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”- Matthew 11:28

When I read this I'm reminded of "his rest" for us.

You see, I look forward to Sabbath (Saturday) each week for this reason alone, rest.
Many ask why Saturday, why not Sunday?
Scriptures say the 7Th day is the day of rest and the 1st day is preparation for the
7Th day, again. Some have said " but Jesus rose on Sunday..why wouldn't you celebrate that?"
That's right he rose up *we should celebrate this daily*,however he rose after the day of rest..why?
Because his father created the 7Th day for rest and remembrance of what he had done the whole week before. (Genesis 2:3)
Jesus is also quoted to have said, "I've not come to change the laws but fulfill them". (Matthew 5:16-18)
Many have confused Jewish traditions with Sabbath keeping, which is not where the 4Th commandment comes from. (Exodus 20:8) I believe this was written by the finger of God.

OK so the title of this post is "come to me.." I thought it appropriate to remind us, that no amount of $$$ in the bank or bills paid will give this ease. No matter the OT at work or how hard we work to achieve our goals will fulfill us" However a day of rest w/ him, Will.
I'll be doing just that tomorrow and your always welcomed to join.

Time to close, preparations to be finished!

Dawn :0)

1 comment:

Beach said...

Sunday is the day for us.....we make that our "quiet" day for our souls!! Have a great day tomorrow!!!!! Heather S.