Tuesday

what are you doing..

that will please both you and God?

 

Thinking a lot lately about how can I live a more successful life in this world while living for the Lord, has left me with an uneasy feeling of how I might be wasting my time doing what I do now.

Most days it’s get kids to school, housekeep and/or work when I’m called to substitute teach and between doing hair for friends/family but no full time 40 hour a week job.

Since deciding not to move for dh job, we started looking at finishing our house project here and try to do something (bigger) with my talents but then I get discouraged because let’s face it we live in some uncertain financial times, which make starting a business unappealing.

So the desire to do something more or be someone better is only met with inadequate feelings that I won’t be a success because of  dot, dot, dot.

Until recently I believed everything above.

All these thoughts were negative messages and lies from the enemy.

Coming to understand better that Jesus not only knows these emotions but He even felt those same feelings during His time here on earth, has helped me to connect with Him and have hope.

And if your like me and just asked “when did HE ever feel inadequate”  allow me to enlighten you.

When I asked, I was reminded of His time in the garden when He asked the Father to “take this cup from me” and perhaps even when He was having to explain again and again Himself to the priest and His disciples, about the Fathers plan for Salvation and the Kingdom of heaven.

Interesting, uhn?

Just knowing He understands helps to connect us to Him, our source for hope and revival.

Believing in the lies that it will never change is what keeps us hampered down from living a life in submission to the Lord’s plans that will give us a hope and a future each new day!

Hebrew 2:18 “Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted. “

Surrendering our hurts and misconceptions of never being enough, can only happen when we learn to trust and not lean on our own understanding, instead realize our worth in this life is plainly stated..

Hebrews 2 “In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered.11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters. 12 He says,

   “I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters;
   in the assembly I will sing your praises.”[e]

13 And again,

   “I will put my trust in him.”[f]

And again he says,

   “Here am I, and the children God has given me.”[g]

 

A love this is deep, is there anything in our lives that is so discouraging that HE doesn’t understand..and yet already have a plan set in motion to help us.

How encouraging!

How life giving!

How relieving!

 

 

No comments: