Tuesday

from the backseat


The post title could've been "from the mouth of babes".


However out of respect for my 5yr old boy whose told me in so many words he is not a babe; baby or even little anymore I had to come up with somthing more orginal. (wiping tear)


The title "back seat driver" would work but that's another post all together and if I could remember to post those things fresh it would be something funny :)


Instead I'll tell you that as we where driving home a few nights ago and I was sharing (read venting) my frustrations over this and that.. Michael begins to encourage me to stay the coarse and understand that the enemy is just trying to get me down.


When all the sudden Trooper speaks up from the backseat: " put your armor on!"


This made his dad stop and say "YEAH what he said!"  how true and how wonderful that what we've shared with our big boy is coming full circle back to me!


He's right..on both accounts.


We need to remember our armor every day!

Eph6:10-12

A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places
.
And no I can't really call him little baby boy anymore..he is really growing up!

7 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

well said! Both of you!

Unknown said...

Oh, but in your heart he'll always be your baby!

Grateful for Grace said...

He's getting it! Good (big) boy!

Beach said...

Out of the mouths of Big Boys' it is then....you go boy ;)
Hugs, :) Heather

The Pennington Point said...

I tell all my kids....they'll always be my baby and I am allowed to call them that until the day I die.

That's one smart Babe you've got there! Lisa~

j said...

He's a true man of God! I am so thankful for you son Dawn! He is ministering to me today too.

heidi said...

Goodness, couldn't we ALL heed that advice?! Smart boy you've got there.