Tuesday

OK ...who did it?!

 

"Someone pulled the plug!"

"What plug you ask?"

The pool plug at our much loved three to four times a week outdoor getaway!

And I should have seen the writing on the wall this in Saturdays newspaper, I had the sneaking suspicion that it would happen..after all we are now officially at "STAGE 3" water rescrititions headed towards "STAGE 4" like a freight train (the sky is not falling.. the sky is not falling!)

See full size image

OK..ok..maybe "they"  the city officials do know what they are talking about.

Still we (my family at least) don't water our rocks and weeds  EVER!  And during the summer with all the pool baths we always are careful to use less water at home. Only showering when the hair is so grimy it doesn't need a ponytail or gel to hold it back and/or  even when the toes start to carry a crevice of dirt around the edges..oh I kid..really it's not that bad (holding nose).

But seriously I only had ONE MORE STINKING WEEK as a summer time sahm stuff and that was MY very peaceful and looked forward to event weekly (sniff sniff) I'm very sad to say we didn't even get in that last dip!

So who has it?

WHO has all the rain?

Now didn't your parents teach you it's nice to share?

Well I'm not your mom..but if I where I'd make you stay out in it till your tired of it.

Then you'd share.

Seriously Pray and send some this way..please.

Although..then it might flood and I'd have a whole other set of issues.

(Blowing raspberries..)

Fine I'll deal with it..still you may hear from me more now that I can't escape as much ;)

Signed ~ Desperately seeking rain SAHM.

 

10 comments:

j said...

You are in Texas, right? Do you remember a year or two ago when we were dry as a bone here in Alabama and y'all kept getting it ALL? Flooding and all of that? I remember wishing that Texas would let us have some rain.

Sorry the last bit of summer was a wash for y'all. Good news is school starts soon (actually, I'm not so happy about it).

Hugs Dawn!

Muthering Heights said...

Oh no...I hope you have some rain soon!

*BrE* said...

OK. It's wasn't all my fault and if I could, I would have shared with you... We had it off and on last week, but we are paying for it this week. With the temps in the 90's and possibly the 100's. It was nice on Saturday, to set and watch the rain, lightening and listening to the thunder, but that passed way to soon. As quickly as it rained the ground soaked it up.... Will continue to pray for some of that wonderful liquid sunshine as we head into the HOTTEST part of TEXAS Summer!!!.... Love ya Girl...

The Pennington Point said...

I read about that! No more swimming....it's just wrong! But you worded it beautifully....WE NEED RAIN! Don't any of your creative friends in blog land know any rain dances?! Lisa~

Dawn said...

*Waving across the hills to ya!*

We need the rain over here, too. So far, they haven't restricted our neighborhood pool yet, but I'm afraid it may be coming.

Joining you in praying for rain!

Blessings!
The other TX Dawn

Beach said...

We were headed to a church party there Sunday night then it got canceled.....we were all bummed!!!!
Hugs, :) Heather S.

kris said...

Lemme tell you.. we can't even wash our cars ** that's a real bummer** yeah right.. but it's so bad here too, 100's again today with no rain, someone is a rain hog!! Stay cool!
kris

Unknown said...

Well, its not me! I hope you get some soon. We could use a good dousing, too!

MikeandCharlsie said...

I have always wanted to know if other moms used swimming as an excuse to not bathe their kids like I do...now I know!

j said...

So did they have a good start to school? So far so good here in Alabama.

Hugs Dawn!