Wednesday

what's your legacy?

 

This question was posed to me after my dh came home from his first "legacy outfitters" meeting last night.

He was telling me about the testimony (that really grab his attention) by the founder of this organization.

Listening to the experience made him want to be a better husband & father and to leave a legacy that spoke about the love he had for Christ and his family.

Now realize this ..I was not being a nay sayer but wanted to tell him "you are those things and going to these meetings are not going to make you any better at it."

He countered "yes. they will."

How do you argue with this?

You don't, so I just listened while I cleaned up the kitchen and then started putting away laundry (I'm getting more mobile these days PTL!)  as I did..I couldn't help but notice how excited he really is about this.

He had always had a desire to grow spiritually as the "house band" while enjoying the great outdoors.

When he came home one night last week and said he and a co-worker found this group online and that it just happened to be coming to town the following week he felt sure God was opening the doors for them! Right after they sat around talking about how a group like this would be great in our area. Answered prayers.

After this I noticed he was inviting many others to join. (Btw~ there where over 100 men in attendance, for the first meeting here!) It's going to grow for sure!

And just so you know how "odd this is for me" I married a listener..I do must the talking in new situations always including him in gently.

He has never been one to start a conversation unless he's comfortable with the subject or person.

I have to say when he said he was going ..it surprised me..and I was also secretly wondering if he wouldn't back out?

He went..he liked it..a lot.

The question he asked is still weighing on my thoughts today..obviously I'm blogging about it.

What will my legacy be? A mom who loved her blogging? Who cleaned and cooked really good? Who picked up after them and taught them left and right? One who sang silly songs with them and didn't mind a good "noise" contest?

Really is reading and praying with them enough..what can I do to make a difference that penetrates even after I'm gone.

I think he's onto something..I'm looking forward to seeking out something too ;)

Now here's a good read along the same lines..my df Tamara posted something similar and close to heart. I'll be checking out this book..so go get a sample..she's an easy read and doesn't lose your interest when she posts and I always leave feeling lifted.

Here's hoping you find yourself like me ..unexpectedly blessed today!

4 comments:

Muthering Heights said...

I think your legacy will be of a woman who serves the Lord, a wife who stands by her husband, a mama who does all she can fro her children, and a loving friend!

j said...

My reaction was the same as yours. From what you have shared on your blog he didn't have much room for improvement - he is already such a wonderful husband. I am thrilled for the both of you and can't wait to see how the Lord uses this in your life.

My legacy... it's not much I'm afraid. I know I am leaving a legacy of laughter but not sure what else. I wish I were a better, more Christ like mom. He is helping me with that.

Blessings Dawn!

Tamra said...

What a great question to ask myself every morning. And night.
There's a nice song on the radio lately about leaving a legacy. Heard it?
Thanks for the kind words!

www.tamragirl.com

littletoesandcheerios said...

I relate to this post sooo much. I'm always asking myself these kinds of questions.
I want to start video taping myself talking to Pebbles about important subjects and to let her get a visual on how I was when she was little.

You have made a difference in my life, your faith speaks volumes.