These past few weeks our dinner table has been overflowing from the generosity of friends and family.
Just look at this menu of foods we’ve been privileged to:
- Meatloaf
- Veggie Lasagna
- “Heartshaped” homemade waffles
- Hamburgers
- Chicken pot pie
- Spaghetti
And one of those meals delivered came with a personal chef whom took over my kitchen.
Another delivered her meal then offered to help with laundry or any lifting I couldn’t do..I had to decline because the kids are doing this chore now and it’s working out well.
Calls are still coming in everyday to see how I’m doing and if anything is needed.
There’s been a carpooler and even a personal shopper.
The great thing about all this is I didn’t arrange for any of it. To see HIM provide in this way has enriched my faith, to say the least.
Then last night..my mom comes over to take me out for a “big sandwich with a big name”; my favorite Thursday night shows; a cute baby; and a chocolate almond covered ice cream bar. Can you feel the love?
This morning ..it got even better.
I was up helping my oldest son (os) with breakfast:
os: are you feeling better mom?
me: yeah I’m starting to get around more.
os: that’s good.
I was buttering his pancakes..when I heard him say this:
os: I didn’t realize how much you do all the time..so even when you get better I’ll still help..all you have to do is ask and I’ll say yes.
I wonder if I should have gotten that in writing?
Counting my blessing..
7 comments:
How sweet is that! Boys can be so precious!
that is so great and yes, you should have it in writing, blood would be best! HAHA! My DS would argue til the cows came home that he didn't say it! Glad everything is going so well! Keep it up!
kris
What loving friends you have! :)
That is so sweet! God is so good! :) Lisa~
What a blessing to have such wonderful friends. And I would have gotten that in writing! ;-)
You have wonderful friends! And what a sweet, sweet boy. :)
hey im new to your space.........umm kids really say some cute stuff dont they........I dont have any but i have been priveleged to raise my niece......One week when I had been down for so long and i was worrying about the whole week that i had lost at work my niece asked me aunty why do you have to work.......i said um too make sure we have food on the table and to save for a rainy day......she asked me when she could begin to work and i said not till you are much older..........she thought a while and then said.......okie when i begin to work youll have to stop and then ill look after you the way you lookin after me now...........lol.........shes 22 now and working and i wonder if she remembers having said that.........lol.........HOpe you make many wonderful sweet memories with your kids and family.god bless you.............
Post a Comment