Even the best laid plans can be thwarted.
It started out well enough.
After hosting a successful Valentines party Friday afternoon, I returned home to load up and wait on hubs to get home..and boy was it worth the wait because when I got in the car there was a gift bag sitting on the floorboard waiting for me.
Clinque "HAPPY" perfume and a gift set of makeup stuff..such a sweet gift and it smells so nice too.
Once on the road to our destination he knew I really wanted to have dinner at an little Itailan diner where the atmosphere and service are excellent as well as the food.
Food before fun so after dinner we checked into our room then went to play some billiards in the "officer's club".
After winning the first game.. he won the next three and by the end I wasn't feeling all that well and thought it was the combinations of foods I had eaten.
Ugh..I can only tell you I was disheartened to say the least that the moments of snuggle cuddle time did not become a reality..nope..instead the start to an intimate relationship with "john" took place instead.
What a third leg!
I did manage to get up the next morning to attend our sister-church where I heard an inspiring message in between running of course to the ladies room, allot.
Later on that evening there was the choice of sitting around in the room or pulling up my boot straps and going to the Rodeo and Concert.
Fortunately the seats we had where very close to the ladies room..thank goodness for that.
By the time the evening was over (12:am) and we got back to our room..(1:30am)
I had finally had it..I was physically drained and needed to have a "good cry".
I felt terrible and couldn't help but be disappointed about how the weekend took shape..of all the weekends to get sick it would have to be this one?
And this my friends is when my sweetheart reached over..gave me a hug and then did what I most treasure about him..
He prayed over me and afterwards said "we are together and that's what counts.."
I went into a deep slumber till 10: am the next morning waking up to feel much better.
Yeah..togetherness that's what counts.
10 comments:
Aw, sorry things didn't go as planned. That bug is really making the rounds!
www.tamragirl.com
OK you turkey. You made me cry happy tears over the prayer. How amazingly blessed you are Dawn. You may have gotten sick but you will remember that trip and that prayer and that patience and love forever.
I really am sorry you got sick though.
awwwwwwwww... sorry you didn't feel good! THat would be my luck! But that man of yours, what a blessing! He rocks!
kris
Being with someone you love always always puts the bows and wrappings in second place..My son -in -law it the BEST !
sounds to me like you got alittle food poisoning there kiddo, and yes i am very proud of not only my son but you too!!!!
Oh, I am so sorry about the weekend! But what a sweet hubby! He is a gem!
If you get a chance, I am having my first ever giveaway. You'll have to go back two or three days but I would love for you to enter!
Awww, what a sweetie you have there. There's always next time! :-)
Awww, sorry you were feeling bad but sounds like DH showed you the most loving thing he could by just being there for you. I am sure the goodie bag was nice too ;)
Heather S.
That is so sweet and sad at the same time. It sure shows how much you love each other...Lisa~
What a bummer that you got sick. I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way you had planned. But, how sweet of your husband to pray with you and console you.
Post a Comment