I had plans to make a delish family dinner in honor of turning another day wiser ... but they flew out the window when I got a phone call from my dh saying his mother was going into the hospital for a special heart procedure, so I dropped the groceries on the kitchen counter, reloaded up the kids and my new toy along for a ride all while taking lots of funny pix to share later here...
(EX: how lip stick can make this old lady feel flirty...very cute! Then I noticed my eyebrows needed shaping so I showed you what an expert I was with the a visor and pink tweezers in a moving vehicle ...then there where the pix of my kids "riding along" one who looked like sleeping beauty and a few of my dh driving and a really cute couples pix I took of us both!)
Knowing how to operate your digital is essential when it comes to getting good pix...so while sitting in the waiting room going on four hours (with three hungry tikes whom did really good for not having dinner...) I was reviewing the different modes and menu options..when I pressed delete I thought it was a file...but found it wasn't...it seems it's very hyper sensitive as it erased all those fun pix above ;0( waaaahhhhh!
However my MIL's procedure went well so I couldn't stay upset for long cause that's what's really important (...right?)
She had two more (this makes 7) stints put in...I believe she's like a cat with "9 lives" because even her doc who helped to invent the procedure has said "...the hearts good and we can continue to do this as long as she's still breathing"...oh that's reassuring doc, thanks.
So after leaving the infamous Heart Hospital at almost 8pm we headed out for supper and then home w/out stopping for gas as yours truly was driving and preoccupied with getting home because she needed to get kids to bed and groceries put away.
So~ imagine my surprise when the truck shook; rattled and rolled to a coasting stop as we ran out of fuel. Only a mile away from a town called Welfare w/out a gas station, it's named correctly I think.
My dd had taken my phone charger inside the house the day before (just to play with it) and at this very moment my phone happened to need fuel too...so after making a quick call for help we waited under the stars by IH10 (counting 18 wheelers) till my dad came with gas for us...this to say the least was an eventful B~day.
FYI: there were an average of 25 semi's every five mins...that's allot of trucking going on!
After getting home at midnight and checking my email to see the many many email wishes and prayers gone up notes, I knew then it was because of those *your* thoughts and prayers that I was at peace with the whole day gone crazy.
Oh did I mention the sodas that sissy dropped/split/spewed in car and then the waiting room, two in one day, what's that about?
After all this I rubbed myself down with JOY essential oil and went to bed... ;)
Fear of man will prove to be a snare,
but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
9 comments:
OH GOSH, and I thought I was having a bad day!
You had quite an adventurous day!!
I pray your MIL is doing better today, and that you have a full tank of gas.
That sounds like a crazy day! I'm glad to hear that you MIL's procedure went well though. :)
Bless your little heart....I am hoping we get the chance to celebrate your birthday in grand style soon! You held up well it seems all things considered!
Hope you have a great day,
Heather S.
what. a. day. I feel wiped just reading about it! YOur spirit (always chipper even on dumpy days) inspires me. Your comment on my blog today was tender and encouraging to me. You truly have the gift of encouragement and I'm so glad to have you for a virtual sister. Keep truckin', as you told me the other day.
I am glad your mother in law is ok! Wow 7! We had a long day today, not crazy just long and its only 4pm...
What a day!!
Glad the proceedure went well.
Joy oil!!!! I use YL oils too!
Phew! What a crazy day! Glad to hear you Mother-in-law is doing okay.
Post a Comment