Recently my heart experienced the salve of grace and mercy rubbed into it as I sat in the pew of our church and listened to the Word given to us from our newly conference appointed Pastor Ben.
This message can be heard online by clicking on Sept. 6th and if you want to hear one of my children's stories go to Sept 27...by Dawn ;)
The link below will help you understand my thoughts on this.
I have no doubt the Bible is the final Word and authority and as it was the Holy Spirit was working through it to teach me that it was not my job to conform or reprimand others where Christ is concerned ***kaBoom*** the gravel dropped.
Seems this one verse hit me between the eyes, in regards to "pulling the weeds out of others lives" whether in social or family settings. How often I thought I was being called to correct or help weed things out of others lives...even mine.
So while I may not agree with what's going on around me, I only need be willing to water a dry thirsty land through sharing Christ love...as it's the only job He has given me while waiting for His soon return.
"To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me." (Col 1:29)
So are you aware whether your carrying a watering can or weeding shears today?
Paying attention to this "works for me" what works for you?
Click the pix to discover others!

7 comments:
Wise advice...it's hard to know when people feel judged or gently corrected!
Wow! I love the kaBoom! Made me feel like I was there with ya. This is a sin I think we all do and struggle with...judging and wanting to fix others. We need to spend more time on ourselves. Great Post!!
So true! I know I need some weeds pulled out of my own heart. Thank you so much for sharing.
Wow, what a GREAT message! I love it, thanks for sharing.
Good Word!
What a great lesson we all could use in our lives. So many of us quit learning before we should.....good for you that you are still a student!
Heather S.
Wow that is great! I so need to hear that from time to time. Thanks for being real and letting the rest of us know that we aren't the only ones who struggle with certain areas!
Post a Comment