With age comes wisdom...that's why I'm onto this because it's my BIRTHDAY today! ;0D
Starting everyday out with a "clean slate" works for me in more ways than one!
It's easy to stack the dishes and walk away till the morning, only to wake up to the same chore waiting as well as everything else needing our attention, all at once.
I'm like the lady up there whose known as the "kitchen police" and for years I was never happy with the mess I had to walk into...until I made it a habit to empty out the sink and wipe down the countertops every night, even before blogging ;).
Noticing that when I wake up to a "clean slate" my attitude and life have a more healthier outlook and I don't dread so much of what's waiting for me when I get there...cause I know it's a "clean slate" ... instead of looking like that lady up above whose most likely upset that she can't find a clean spot to pay the bills or unload her burden...when we go the extra effort it makes all the difference in our attitudes!
You know what I mean?
I like to read from the NIV or NLT but this is from The Message and fits this post!
Where is the god who can compare with you—
wiping the slate clean of guilt,
Turning a blind eye, a deaf ear,
to the past sins of your purged and precious people?
You don't nurse your anger and don't stay angry long,
for mercy is your specialty. That's what you love most.
And compassion is on its way to us.
You'll stamp out our wrongdoing.
You'll sink our sins
to the bottom of the ocean.
You'll stay true to your word to Father Jacob
and continue the compassion you showed Grandfather Abraham—
Everything you promised our ancestors
from a long time ago!
This is my
and
I hope you see that Jesus Christ LOVE for you also works too!
9 comments:
It works for me!
Happy Birthday! This works for me too. I may not be organized, but by all means at least the kitchen is clean, lol! Blessings, Whitney
Happy Birthday, Dawn!!!
And, yes... wiping it all clean at night does make mornings so much easier to face each day!
Blessings!
Happy Birthday to you!
They say its your Birthday! Well its my Birthday too (not really its just what the song says) They say its your Birthday! Well Happy Birthday to you!!!
I need to do this everynight and I used to for like a week a long time ago.
What great wisdom!!! I hope you had a wonderful day! I really would like to get in this habit of cleaning up before bed. I am pretty good about the dishes but the counters and such...haha. Thanks for the inspiration.
Happy Birthday!!!!!
Hope it is a good one!!!!
Heather S.
It would seem you are a woman after my own heart. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't fall asleep if I left my counters clutterd. Speaking of which, I'm off to clean up my kitchen so I can go to to bed--and actually sleep. Thanks for the encouragement.
Happy Birthday! Just as His mercies are new every morning, so are the clean counter tops! But seriously, I love this about starting each day with a clean slate.
Post a Comment