Tuesday

Just barley hanging on...

 

This  past weekend I spent the Sabbath with family and the goings on's of our church programs as well as attending a young boy's river baptism Sat evening.

Later I made some really good muffins for an Elder's breakfast with Stevia sugar instead of the good bad stuff still very yummy!Awesome product do check it out.

Sunday morning found me taking the kids to breakfast at the cracker barrel  and then a game of bowling, while their daddy hosted the Elders monthly breakfast meeting in our dining room.

Before returning home a quick visit by my moms and she asks me to go on a  road trip to visit her sister (my Aunt) whose in rehab for relapse of alcohol/ addiction.

Why not, nothing else planned.

 "O' Honey~ you and the kids are on your own for the rest of the day, K? Good, see you later."

Off we go...to visit a place where I would not want to be...I thought.

As we pull up she's anxiously waiting not sure what time mom was coming, she   started crying as soon as we stepped out, saying how thankful she was to have family come.

By this time she is four weeks dry and remorseful as to how she treated others previously.

Hugs and introduction's where made to all her new found friends/roommate's.

I was just a little embarrassed for those wives with little kids seeing daddy acting differently and for the pregnant wife looking worriedly at her husband, a few whose family didn't look happy at being there at all...then there were those who didn't have any visitors and they pasted a smile or showed indifference.

She gave us the grand tour explaining where everything took place.

Afterwards we sat down on a porch listening to her as she repeated how thankful she was have family and a home to go back to explaining that most there do not.

She told us about going through daily counseling and learning the significance of communication while also understanding how important it is to love herself.

Then she looks at me and says " I was hoping  you would come..I really wanted to share this with you."

(I'm thinking credit to you planning this Lord as I had no intention)

She looks down and says shyly "I never paid much attention to things symbolically but there's something about the times in my life that have the number 8 in them.

(i.e..98' Liver transplant;Birth date: 8th;8 yrs sober, a marriage)

(SHE shares) "After having shared my story  with the counselor she shows me a  sideways 8 and says "do you know what this is?" I didn't and she explains this to me." (click here to see)

I tearfully rejoice that my Aunt has been given renewed hope and a reason to believe that she is very special to the LORD and that HE wants her with HIM ALWAYS!

Knowing she is just barley hanging on I  cry at this wonderful reassurance. I'm thankful to know that HE will/can/is reach (ing) us where we are.

(((CHECK OUT!!! Today's random scripture above that goes perfectly with this post!!! God is so good!)))

If you would like to pray for my Aunt's healing this would be greatly appreciated and while your at it Praise HIM for the special message HE shares in times like these with another who is mostly "just hanging on to the edge of HIS cloth".

    

        ~ Be Blessed ~

4 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

That is awesome!!! I never thought of 8 that way. I have friends that are going through this same thing right now so this is a very familiar subject. I will pray for your Aunt and that she will try to stay sober infinitely. :)

Unknown said...

I prayed for your Aunt, that God would give her the strength to fight this addiction. I also prayed that she would feel is love surrounding her. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Anonymous said...

Sad and beautiful all at the same time. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Wow, that is touching. I love how God is in control. He knew that you would go and visit you Aunt, just as she needed it the most. I found you blog from a comment you made at Daiquiri's blog.