My Kitchen window...which is right above the sink. Yes, I'm also the dishwasher.
As you can see there's lots of those dreadful allergy Ceder trees out here.
However sprinkled across the Hill Country we also have some really pretty flowering trees and right now the one right outside this window is in bloom with pinkish-purple flowers (two of my favorite colors). The white bark on this tree is a stark contrast compared to all the dark reds/brown bark around, it really stands out nicely.
Notice the rock shaped heart, this was brought back to me from my son who found it on one of the beach shores in Honduras, a rock solid heart for me (blush..blush...!)
Recently I've noticed things like these and even a pretty weed..yes I said weed. That has grown tall and full in the middle of nothing next to the temporary porch we use for the front door entrance. Check it out for yourself.
That's a pretty weed, right?
(Of coarse any color would be prettier then "dirt color"...)
You know, we are so busy in making ends meet and trying to make this place happen that there's been no time or monies for landscaping; weeding or even planting.
Which is why I'm excited for there to be any of this beauty here, I know it is a gift from our DHF which needless to say I'm thankful for!
PROOF:"But now, for a brief moment, the LORD our God has been gracious in leaving us a remnant and giving us a firm place in his sanctuary, and so our God gives light to our eyes and a little relief in our bondage." Ezra 9:8
He not only gives LIFE but ADDS to it!
Every time I do those dishes or walk up the front steps I am greeted with a designed and well placed picture in just the right spot for my enjoyment to admire.
Within an instant, I'm reminded of His care and I have really enjoyed the idea that it was placed there for me as I serve my family.
Thank you Father for those small things you do just for our pleasure.
How GREAT is OUR GOD!
(I feel a song coming on!)
Dawn :0)
6 comments:
The flowers are beautiful, and what you wrote is very true! Thanks for sharing. :0)
I like how you think...I actually went to my window to look out. It's so easy to overlook what has been given to us.
I love the spring scenery and the entertainment (for us our neighborhood cats and squirrels)the good Lord provides us out our living room window everyday. I get so much joy watching to see if the cat will get his intended target. I love the rock and the trees are doing that here too!! Heather S.
You have an AMAZING view.
We also have AMAZING allergies!
we've lived here over 7 years and i still find myself
saying, "i live here." joy joy. i so appreciated
hearing others appreciate the beauty we have here whether
they be new to the area or born to it. i don't want to
take his care for granted in any way. thanks for taking
time to share that you take the time to smell the roses or
view the weeds, etc. rp
Tonight I overheard some say how BLAH they felt...and it must be the weather...however, as I sat outside under the clouds and the wind in my hair, also leafs blowing everywhere, I actually thought how beautiful it all was....knowing it was all a creation of God...I guess it all depends on what is within us each and everyone...Thankyou Lord for letting me in...
Post a Comment