I never thought I could bring anything to their table...NICE..it's a switch and I felt ready to do so at HIS will! Very subtle the Spirit of the Lord appointed me to stop and share.
First Encounter:
Answered phone, exchanged hellos, spontaneously invited her over for lunch (while kids where napping..) to have some chatty time. You know "kick back".

I didn't even stop to think that I had not made it to the store to restock yet so I asked the Lord "what's for lunch?" and was given the idea. It was yummy spinach salad with cherry tomatoes;zucchini; hot house cucumber; left over sliced ck strips grilled and a little bit of shredded chz.
However this is not the best part, as we began to converse on issues of the heart, I was witness to the spirit of the Lord ministering to the desires of our hearts and re-affirm His promises:
Ephesians 1:11-12 "In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, 12in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory."
Second Encounter:
Ephesians 4:32 "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."
Third Encounter:
So just when I sat down to start another post (this one) I get a phone call, stop;answer; go outside as I gave my dh the look "you got it?" where I don't have to listen to "Dr.Doolittle" in the background, laid back on the trampoline and gazed at the stars as yet another girlfriend and I caught up on the past few weeks, this conversation lead into this:

Ephesians 4:15-16 "Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. 16From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work."
We hit on the subject of "religion" one that is allot like politics unless your already in agreement, that is. I notice every time I share with her, she seems to want to share more next time around. Thank You for softened hearts Father!
Learning (after doing the exact opposite at the onset), that it's about winning souls for Christ not for a church/religion. ( We agree.)
So, she asked(for the first time) why are you a member of the Adventist Church if you know the relationship is more important. (Bless her heart, raised by a "Bible belt" preacher has emotional scares from childhood..)
My answer in a nutshell:
Like any group of people we choose to socialize with, it's because we have same core values and/or like minded beliefs. It's nice to be able to share w/out hesitation or uncertainties of how you may "offend" ones beliefs, and be able to exercise as a family of God. For the reason I choose this "faith" is because it's the closest thing I see to the will of my DHF for myself.
Praise the Lord~ she GOT it!
In closing after sooo much sharing, I have witnessed the LORD work as" a double edge omni- presence sword of scripture never ceasing to bless both the giver and receiver" today when HE was invited. So invite;taste;share! (Ohowfunny..this is our juice co. logo!)
((HUGS)) and I pray you have/had a Fabulous Friday! ~ Dawn ;0)

2 comments:
very inspiring thanks for sharing!
Good for you for saying, "come over"! Yay!
Thanks for the testimony.
Post a Comment