It was last night when a "private number" popped up on my caller id..I was totally caught by surprise!
My dear sweet husband and son were on the other end saying "Hello momma!"
It was a great feeling to hear my loved ones on the other end!
All is going well as to be expected, dh explained the first day there as tiring because they arrived at the airport found the bus taking them to the location at about 3pm. Then had to wait for the next arrival before they could leave the airport, drove 20 miles an hour because of the roads and people in the roads. Took them 8hrs to get 85 miles away and we complain about a 20min delay through town here. I'll think better next time.
In any case they get up every morning at 4:45am to eat and get to work quickly, this is because of the intense heat there, says he can't believe how hot it is there.
The food is OK, the bed would be better if he wasn't sharing it with his "squirmy son".
He did say he listened to a young girl of 15 give a message (sermon) on Sabbath and was inspired by the scriptures shared.
I'm joyful about this, it's one of my prayers. Seems a new "dawing" (hehe) of understanding that he does not need to worry about his "experience" or even education, just needs to have a willing heart to share the message God gives to him.
I kept telling him I missed him and couldn't wait to hug and kiss him again..he felt the same.
Says he promises to call again tonight we'll see, they are working pretty hard and then crashing into bed to wake up and do it again everyday. I told him I was good for another few days!
You know earlier I mention how we all felt when we "re-connected" over the phone last night.
I envision our DHF doing the same for us..getting excited when we stop to talk with Him and recognize our need for Him. This is a good reminder of the need to "pick up the phone" more often and say "Hello Dear Heavenly Father!"
~ Dawn :0)
2 comments:
Ah, what a great reminder! So glad you got to talk to your dh!
I don't do well when my hubby travels. It's so hard! I think you have a GREAT attitude about it.
Post a Comment