Thursday

choose your battles wisely..

You know the saying..


Well I did this just this afternoon, when the 3yr old "princess" really wanted to wear her dress-up costume to the park; post office and then to an unplanned dinner.. in public and after that "what the heck we went all out, by ending the night at the Hastings book store.

To my surprise it didn't bother me or anyone else, in fact there were many
"awhhh isn't she a darling princess", go figure, all those times she didn't get to play dress up because she needed to match and/or look like she was a well adjusted child.

So.. The lesson was this, while we where in the book store, I saw a young girl in her teens wearing what appeared to be a "bar maids" costume dress, you know what I'm talking about right? Clad in stocking to match she also accented it with crazy messed up hair and make-up to look the part (very well) And unless she was in the play "Sound of Music" in town..I'm thinking this is her being her.

So as yours truly was gawking, I had this thought "did her mom let her dress this way at a young age? Or is she rebelling because she wasn't aloud to play dress up as a child?"

I'm hoping for the latter..know what I mean?

Well according to my princess who finally parted with her dress just before shower time,
she says "mommy I like being a princess all day.." so you'd thought I "hung the moon"..did I
tell you she was really puny all day and I didn't have the heart to say "No,because I said so.."

It was a full day..and I thought to share this moment with my friends, because after all my sounding board is not here and neither is my camera :0-/ so here's a pix from the holidays of what she looked like today..no kidding!



P.S. Isn't it great that God loves even "bar maids"!

1 comment:

cajungal01 said...

Love it! What an adorable princess she is! :0)
Hey...our dentist office is "Little Teeth of Texas" and it's FAAABULOUS! They have thought of everything there from neat mirrors to look in while they get your weight to the sunglasses so the light doesn't bother their eyes. The child gets to pick out a movie to have on, etc. It was a fantastic experience.
:0)