Wednesday

Through childlike understanding..

My nine year old had a book report due today.. I asked him about the book he read, this is what he shared on the way to school this AM..
(I didn't get to read with him last night..as I was out late with those wild home school gals)

"Mom, it was about a boy who lost his favorite person in the world, his granddad.
He liked to visit him allot because they would explore things together.
But his granddad died and when they told him, all he could do was cry.

His mom asked him to tell her about the last time he was with him, he said they watched a cocoon open up as a butterfly came out...

Granddad told him how the catipellar worked hard it's whole life and that it had to do this in order to become a beautiful butterfly.
His mom told him that it would be like this for granddad.
He would be healthy and young again without sickness when he rose from the grave.
As the young boy listened he stopped crying and thought of how the grave was just like a cocoon and when Jesus comes back and the graves open for all those people who worked for Jesus rise up they would be made new and beautiful.
This helped him to not be so sad but he was curious about one more thing...

Mom, will granddad have hair also?" :0)



Proof is in the pudding~

I've been concerned about my child's education, sometimes I wonder if he will learn enough of these life lessons without me being there?
In short, he was the teacher and I was the student this morning.
In reflection I'm so thankful my prayer is being answered in this area, I see the Lord is teaching and giving lessons that are multi-purpose for academics and more importantly spritual growth!
Be encouraged if you feel those same fears, LET GO in prayer and LET GOD in life.

Yours in Christ, Dawn :0)

3 comments:

Beach said...

What is the name of this story .....great lesson to learn!!!!

Grateful for Grace said...

Such a good lesson. I'm grateful you are getting encouragement from the LORD on your decision to put him in school. Isn't that great?

Had a blast last night, but I'm wiped!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

I Miss Grandpa..this was loaned out through the church school. Didn't get the authors name.