I searched all the best places to lease from on the net and seeing how we knew the area from previous visits, I thought this no big deal..BIG DEAL.
*Suggestion to when looking to lease a vacation rental, ask for a referral list
or recomendations of some sort. This weeds out the not so good from the good.
After cking the list and cking it twice all the amenities listed where just what we had in mind.
EX: Private hot tub
Covered parking
Indoor plumbing ( you would be surprised!)
No 4x4 needed to get to property (something you need during the winter months)
Central a/c and heat
Fireplace
Washer/dryer in home
Fully stocked kitchen ( minus the food of course)
After renting and paying the deposit a few months ago, I had some reserves about the weather and the poor amounts of snow~ one reason for this trip aside from family time was to have fun in the snow..when I called to see about canceling or if we could get a credit for a better time. They said "we aren't mother nature and there's no refunds." OK~ so we go and make the best out of it.
When we arrived and checked into the cabin, I noticed the gas fireplace was lit and small heaters around the cabin were plugged in..?
Very warm, turned off heaters and ck'ed out the rest of the place..nice! Mang. said a new pump was just installed in the private hot tub outside it's all ready to go, yeah!
Back at the main office to borrow some children's DVD's, I told her the heaters were plugged in and I turned them off..her response "O..hmm we had planned for the repair men to come and work on the a/c unit but it conflicted with you guys. (NOTE* there's repair problems..)
Not a problem I'm sure we will be just fine..she assures me the gas fireplace heats up the cabin to about 76 degrees.
The next day ..on the way up the mountain the middle child gets sick ..(hmm~ he's not prone to car sickness..?) Grammy -my stepmom decides she doesn't want to ski and would rather take the kids back down to the base of mountain in town to play..it's too windy and cold for the kids up top. So, yours truley takes advantage of the time and hits the slopes with hubby and dad and oldest son.
That evening..headaches; burning eyes and other discomforts start to kick in with some of us and the middle is still sick..turned off the gas furnace as it's too hot and slept through the night.
(BTW~ after only 15min in the hot tub the outtake pump brust and all the water drained w/in 30 secs tops! It was funney to see everyone scramble out in the excitment.lol this was fixed the next day.)
So the next day with middle one being ill we stayed in while Dad and oldest went snow boarding together. My parents decided to go on down to Carlsbad for the day and spend the night.
Before they left..poppy says "you know this fireplace may be putting out carbon monoxide gas and causing those syptoms" and they left..I turned off the fireplace again and turned on the little heaters..which blew a fuse! Uhmp..now what...being a country girl I reset them and position the plugs just right..now we've got warmth again.
Here's some info on CO poison if your interested click link below.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/carbon-monoxide/DS00648/DSECTION=3
Considering my current situtation..I'm used to moderen inconviences but this is a vacation rental..and my child is ill it seems because of the fireplace?
The goes by and we start feeling better..(gas fireplace off all day)..turned back on with windows open and fans pulling air flow up..this seems to help, till we get headaches again. OFF for the last time and that's how it stayed till we checked out the next morning..the cabin temp when we left was 52 degrees..when I asked her why she didn't reschedule with us knowing the the a/c unit was in need of repairs? Her reply was "this cabin didn't come with a unit.."
(NOTE* I know it did..I ck'ed it twice..) She pulls up the website as if she was prepared for it..:0/
Did I get a refund, nope..did she confess to doing us wrong..nope..was it fatel it really could have been.
However remember the"the rainbow promise"I was claiming as something personel turns out it was and I'm thankful no matter the tentant's carelessness..my family was in good hands. God's hands! Lesson learned and faith built..until next post be safe and in His care!
~ Dawn :0)
P.s.
Romans 8:31
What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?
3 comments:
testing
OMG CO poisioning that is scary....sounds like once you figured it out things were o.k. except for this woman not taking care of you. I LOVED the pictures!!!!!
Thanks!
Post a Comment